About My Role:
As a Banquet Server, I am responsible for providing a superior experience and service to the customers, guests, and vendors of the Lansing Center.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all banquet event set up including but not limited to proper linen placement, proper placement of service ware, place settings, table placement arrangement, condiments, centerpieces, and buffet setup/teardown and clean up.
- Responsible for providing professional, efficient, effective and timely service including setting up, transporting, and serving food and beverage products.
- Responsible for efficient and proper cleaning of work areas in compliance with departmental, food industry, health and safety guidelines, codes, and/or standards.
- Responsible for providing an excellent dining experience including delivering of food and beverage items, removing completed courses, replenishing utensils, refilling beverages and fulfilling other guest food and beverage needs in accordance with the Banquet Event Order (BEO).
- Responsible for the setting up, monitoring, refreshing and breakdown of beverage breaks, food stations, reception and buffet tables for events based on function requirements per the BEO.
- Responsible for promptly notifying supervisor on duty of any client or guest issues.
- Responsible for performing closing duties including but not limited to clearing dishes, tabletop items, linen; setting banquet rooms, rolling silverware and any other future event preparation tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for correctly performing periodic cleaning tasks as assigned.
- Assists in providing a safe environment free of harassment for department employees and insure compliance with all LEPFA policies, applicable OSHA standards and local, state, and Federal laws including Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Participates in pre-shift meetings to review relevant event information and applicable departmental or organizational updates.
- Responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness and sanitation of banquet-related items and areas per health code requirements.
- Adhere to departmental dress code.
- Knowledge and adhering to LEPFA administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, health codes, fire regulations procedures and programs as well as the same for the Foodservice Department.
- Provides support for special events sponsored by LEPFA as assigned.
- Position requires irregular schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays; the performance of work assignments may not be directly related to job specifications. Adjustments of shifts, breaks, etc. may be required upon short notice.
- Responsible for accurately performing proper cash handling procedures.
- Keep informed of industry trends related to banquet services.
- Familiarity with the Greater Lansing Region for improved client and guest service.
- Other duties as assigned.