About My Role:
As the office manager, I was primarily responsible for coordinating and managing all museum functions, including visitor admissions, gift shop, membership, events, and other special projects at the request of the Museum Director/Board of Directors.
- Providing administrative and secretarial support to the Executive Director and other department administrative assistants, and serving as a liaison to the Board of Trustees.
- Coordinating and managing daily admissions, gift shop, membership, events, and working on special projects.
- Answering non-routine correspondence and assembling highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Dealing with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the museum.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as board meeting materials, calendars, meeting minutes, travel arrangements, conferences, and department activities for all members of the executive office.
- Prepares agendas and records and organizes board, committee, and staff meeting minutes. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary.
- Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as the COO and CFO, as well as the Chair of the Board or Board members.
- Answering calls and managing correspondence for Museum Director/CEO and executive office. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Used independent judgment to recommend changes in office practices or procedures that are in line with current industry practices.