About My Role:
As a server and bartender, I provided fast, friendly, and accurate food and beverage service to customers while following all applicable health codes, maximizing sales, and minimizing waste. Upon starting this role, I was the only server on staff, responsible for maintaining the entire lower level of the bar during each shift. After four months, I was given my first opportunity to independently run the bar as the VIP Bartender. As a bartender, I created weekly drink menus to drive sales and awareness of lesser-performing spirits.
- Providing fast, friendly and accurate service to ensure guest expectations are met consistently
- Demonstrating mastery of the food and beverage menu by responding to questions about menu items and drink options and making suitable recommendations
- Taking customer orders, accurately entering orders into the point-of-sale system, and delivering items as requested
- Finding ways to satisfy guests’ requests
- Exhibiting the ability to engage with multiple guests, prioritizing interactions, and providing outstanding service
- Building relationships that make guests want to return
- Cash handling and cash-out procedures
- Assisting the kitchen staff in filling and preparation of food and beverage orders
- Maintaining a clean and stocked environment in the service and customer areas
- Following all applicable health codes; maximizing sales and minimizing food waste.
- Through intentionally wearing LED accessories as part of my attire as a waitress, I independently created an accepted aesthetic for the waitress dress code at work.
- One of my original recipes was featured as an option on the standard drink menu.
- Served as project manager and spearheaded recipe creation and implementation of a marketing campaign to build local awareness and driving sales of non-alcoholic mixed beverages available for a limited time during Summer 2022.
- Developed expert knowledge of food and drink pairings, memorizing over 50 types of cocktails, wines, and spirits.
- Improved use of upselling techniques to increase sales
- Trained 1 new server in customer service, seating, and menu items as well as opening and closing duties